Data Mining for Dummies, my epic tome for beginning data miners, is available now.
Here’s the scoop:
Data Mining for Dummies, an easy-to-read new book for beginners in data mining, published by John Wiley and Sons, and available through your favorite bookseller.
Data Mining for Dummies is for business people, information technology professionals and students who want to…
• Know what data mining is all about
• See what’s really involved in data mining, icky parts and all
• Find friendly expert guidance for getting started as a hands-on data miner
Data Mining for Dummies is written in a light, yet no-nonsense, style for readers who are new to data mining. You won’t need any special expertise to read and understand this book.
Beginners can learn the basics of data mining, including
• Understanding data mining concepts
• Embracing a comprehensive data mining process
• Planning for data mining
• Gathering data from internal, public and commercial sources
• Preparing data for exploration and predictive modeling
• Building predictive models
• Selecting software and dealing with vendors
Author Meta S. Brown is a hands-on data miner who has educated thousands of beginners from industry, government and academia in the fundamentals of data mining. She’s known in the analytics community for her articles, books and talks on data mining, text mining and classical statistics, reaching out to audiences from novices to working professionals.
Here’s what Tom Khabaza, pioneering data miner and Founding Chairman of the Society of Data Miners has to say about Data Mining for Dummies:
Meta S. Brown tells it like it is, more than anyone else in the field.
Data Mining for Dummies is the first data mining book for beginners which gives an accurate picture of what we data miners do. This is a landmark for the profession, and an essential tool for anyone learning or teaching practical data mining. I will be recommending it to everyone I meet: business people, students and teachers alike.
Where to find Data Mining for Dummies:
• Your favorite independent bookseller (find one on Indiebound http://bit.ly/1ruU9n0)
• Powell’s City of Books http://bit.ly/1qFLkQG
• Amazon http://amzn.to/1eFD3WI
• Barnes and Noble http://bit.ly/1qFLAz8
• Ask your local library to get it. ISBN: 978-1-118-89317-3